Thursday, October 20, 2011

My passion for badminton

It's been a long time since I last posted anything so I thought my first post would be on some thing that I love to do.

I still remember the first time I started following badminton seriously, 2006 Thomas Cup. I don't know why I started loving it, I just did. After that, my frequency of playing badminton started increasing. It was just so fun to play. It was so fun for me that after PMR that year, I joined a badminton training, once a week. Why did I suddenly started going for training? I don't know for sure myself but I think during that time I just wanted to play more and get better at the same time (and also to beat my brother which I can do so extremely easily now).

I had two and a half of enjoyable years of badminton. Even though the coach changed like one year into my training, it was still the same old badminton for me, just fun and enjoyable. I even wished that I could've started badminton training earlier in my life but sadly it didn't happen.

Then in 2009, something happened. I was going to study overseas, Singapore to be exact. To be honest I didn't want to go, one of the reasons being badminton as I did not know whether I'll be able to play badminton in Singapore. But in the end, I still went. Fortunately, I heard that CJC had a badminton team there, and I was so happy when I heard that. I thought that I can just show up to the trials and get a spot in the team. I got through the first part of the trials, but then during the second part of the trials, I failed.... I just wasn't good enough.

It was so utterly demoralizing to me, I felt lost, I actually wanted to cry that time, why was something I love to play, having so much fun playing, so painful in reality. I just felt like stopping at that time, like I had no meaning in continuing badminton. I could say that this is the start of where my passion for badminton started to fade. I just started doing other stuff to keep badminton off my mind. It was hard but I managed to do it in the end. I still played some badminton in Singapore, but the number of times I actually played there I could count on my fingers. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I did last time.

Even though I came back for holidays and still went to the same training, I just felt lazy to play. I didn't even really put much effort in improving. I would still prefer playing badminton over other stuff but it just wasn't the same. And so, 2 years passed, my passion for badminton was at an all-time low. However, I think at the end of the 2 years my level of badminton actually improved. How ironic, the 2 years that I spent not playing badminton where I just lost focus on badminton and I ended up better due to me going to gym and improving my overall fitness level and strength.

And looking back now, those 2 years were actually the most important 2 years in my evolution of a badminton player. If it wasn't for those 2 years I would never be the badminton player that I am today.

Fast-forward to August 2011, I first entered uni. Where I was still "meh" about badminton. I knew I have no chance to enter the university team. But there was something called IFG(Inter-Faculty Games) I was intrigued to what it was. So a badminton team among the faculties playing against each other? Interesting.

So I was like, let's just try and give it a shot, why not? I submitted my name and just waited.... and waited.. and waited. No reply from the team captain. So I thought that "ok fine, I guess the team is not taking in anybody." I didn't feel demoralized, just nothing.

Then by a stroke of luck, I was coming back from the gym. As you would normally pass by the badminton courts from the way back from the gym, so I took a peek and see what was happening in there. I saw a group of people and some of them were wearing Science faculty T-shirts. So I approached them and asked who they were. And lo and behold it was the Science IFG team. Then they told me that I could join in with their next training. I was actually starting to get a bit more happy, I guess? I don't know the correct word for it.

So I went to their training. And I realised after the training that, I can actually do this, I can have a good chance of getting into the team next year!!! I actually felt so damn happy during that time. So I started taking badminton seriously again.

Funnily enough, the first time I came Singapore was when my passion for badminton started fading and it was in Singapore again that I am getting that feeling back.

I think I can explain it to you by a simple conversation with one of the people I'm training with now.

Friend: "So it seems you found your passion for badminton"

Me: "No.... I rediscovered it"

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'll love it!Thanks!

snapchat

baixar snapchat

baixar snapchat gratis

como usar o snapchat

download snapchat

snapchatdownload

snapchat online

baixar google

baixar google play

baixar google play gratis

baixar googleplay

download google play

googleplay

baixar googleplay gratis

baixar play store

play store


google play download



playstore baixar



play store download

CapitalStars07 said...


Tata Steel Q3 sales up 27.45%
Capitalstars

3roi said...

http://google.co.ug/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.uz/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.ve/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.za/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.zm/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co.zw/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.co/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.af/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.ag/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.ar/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.au/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.bd/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.bh/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.bo/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.br/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.by/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.bz/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.cn/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.co/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.cu/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.cy/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.do/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.ec/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.eg/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.et/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.fj/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.gh/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.gi/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.gr/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.gt/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.hk/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html
http://google.com.jm/url?q=http://www.datnenbaoloc.com/2017/03/Tong-quan-du-an-dat-Bao-Loc.html

3roi said...

hình ảnh gắn bi vào của quý
hinh duog vat
hướng dẫn găm bi
lắp bi cho cậu nhỏ
lắp bi cho cậu nhỏ
lắp bi vào cậu nhỏ
nhét bi vào cu
nhét bi vào của quý
phim gắn bi vào dương vật
vô bi
vô bi cu
vo bi dau cu
vo bi duong vat
vong deo cu
vong deo duong vat
xem hinh anh duong vat gan bi
xo khuyen duong vat
xỏ khuyên dương vật
cấy bi vào của quý
cấy bi vào cậu nhỏ là gì
cấy bi ở đâu
cấy bi vào bộ phận sinh dục nam
cu cấy bi
cấy bi vào bộ phận sinh dục

CapitalStars07 said...

Ultratech Cement Q4FY2017: Higher energy cost affects earnings
Capitalstars

Anonymous said...

Such a nice story you shared :

purnima in august 2017

CapitalStars07 said...

Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar posts Q1 net loss of Rs25 crore
Capitalstars

Unknown said...

You can see more articles about film and movie world, entertainment at my website under the link below

https://vk.com/page-163043415_55342687?=al_login.php?&___query=watch-Get.Out-Full,online.Free
https://vk.com/page-163043415_55344146?=al_login.php?&___query=watch-Coco-Full,online.Free
https://vk.com/page-163043415_55344151?=al_login.php?&___query=watch-Star.Wars:.The.Last.Jedi-FuLL,online.Free
https://vk.com/page-163043415_55344155?=al_login.php?&___query=watch-Fantastic.Beasts:.The.Crimes.of.Grindelwald-FuLL,online.Free
https://vk.com/page-163043415_55344160?=al_login.php?&___query=watch-X-Men:.Dark.Phoenix-FuLL,online.Free

abo-bder said...


شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى جدة

Clipping Solutions said...


Thanks for sharing your experience.


clipping path service


background removal service

raster to vector conversion service


عبير القحطان said...




شركه كشف تسربات المياه بمكة








شركه عزل فوم بالرياض

شركه عزل فوم بالدمام

شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

شركه عزل فوم بالقطيف

شركه عزل فوم بالاحساء

شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل

نانا الطيب said...




شركه كشف تسربات المياه بجدة




شركه كشف تسربات المياه بمكة


شركه عزل فوم بالرياض

شركه عزل فوم بالدمام